Skip to content
- 1 box Back to Nature® Saltine Crackers
- 2 sticks salted organic butter cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag chocolate melting wafers (dark or regular) roughly 2 cups worth
- Optional: crushed peppermints, sprinkles, chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place parchment on a rimed cookie sheet. On top of the parchment, line pan with Back to Nature Saltine Crackers.
- In a medium sized pot, add the cubed butter and brown sugar. Place over high heat and stir as the butter melts. Once melted, bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour the butter sugar mixture over the Back to Nature Saltine crackers. Spread the mixture with a knife to evenly coat all the crackers. Move quickly so the toffee does not harden.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan and place the chocolate melting wafers evenly over the top of the toffee crackers.
- Place in oven for an additional minute.
- With a spatula spread the chocolate over any uneven areas.
- If you are adding optimal toppings, sprinkle those over the melted chocolate. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for one week.